RECIPE: Country Fried Steak Rollup W/ Granny’s Biscuits & Gravy
By: Dillon Carmichael
1. Flat skirt steak
2. Goat cheese
6. Cracker crumbs
9. Canola oil
12. Plastic wrap
Instructions (Stretch First)
1. With wax paper on the bottom, and top, beat flat skirt steak as flat as possible.
2. In a pan. Cook spinach, onions, and butter until spinach is soft.
3. Spread goat cheese onto the skirt steak.
4. Add melted butter, spinach, and onions to the skirt steak, as well as spices. (I like oregano, salt, and pepper)
5. Tightly roll the ingredients into the steak.
6. Wrap in plastic, then let the roll up sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. Dip roll up into flour, then egg, last cracker crumbs.
8. Deep fry in canola oil (350 Degrees) until golden brown.
9. Bake for 15 more minutes on 350.
10. Add Gravy on the top
Granny’s Biscuits & Gravy
1. Add a lump of sausage grease (Bacon grease, or Crisco) into a cast iron skillet.
2. Add 2 cups of milk
3. Add 1 cup of flour
4. Add Salt, And Pepper.
5. Stir with a wooden spoon until the flour has blended into the milk. (Can add more flour for desired thickness)
6. Grab some canned biscuits, and bake for 15 mins (Instructions vary depending on brand)
7. Put the gravy on the biscuits
8. Serve hot next to the country fried steak roll up